Glossary of unit 3 English vocab 2
Other Decks By This User
- to assign or distribute in share or proportions
synonyms- apportion, parcel
- to bring together,collect,gather,especially for oneself;to come together,assemble.
synonyms:accumulate, pile up,garner
- bold, adventurous,recklessly daring.
- to yeild to a request or command.
synonyms:submit to, consent to,aquiesce in.
- not having or using,lacking.
- the choice part of a groupe of people or things.
synonyms:cream or the crop,upper crust.
antonyms:rank and file, dregs of society
- an iron hook used to grab and hold.
to come to grips with, wrestle or fight with.
- to deprive with strangth or ability;to mack legaly ineligible.
- to urge on;to sture up,provoke,start,incite.
- long life,long duration, length of life.
- in very great numbers.
a very great number.
- a point of view or general standpoint from which different things are viewed, physically or mentaly;the appearance to the eye of various objects at a given time, place, or distance.
synonyms:viewpoint,sence of proportion.
- to trouble, make uneasy;to disturb greatly;to throw into confusion
- immense;extraordinary in bulk, size, or degree
- conected with or related to the matter at hand.
- extremly nerves and easily frightened;shy or timid;extremely cautious;unstable,
- a rope or chain used to fasten something to a fixed object;the outer limit of strength or resource.
to fasten with a rope or chain.
synonyms:tide uo, chained up, laced
antonyms:untie, let loose
- a sounding together;argument or accord.
- to compete;to strive for victory or superiority.
- stubbornly self-willed; done on purpose,deliberate.
You must Login or Register to add cards