Glossary of remember this
Other Decks By This User
- Three steps to doing math questions are:
- 1. Be sure to read the whole question carefully.
2. Read all the answers before you select one.
3. Beware of "all of the above" questions.
- How many square feet in an acre?
- What is the formula for calculating Rate?
- What is the formula for calculating Interest?
- What is the formula for calculating Time?
- What is the formula for calculating the area of a rectangle or a square?
- Width x Depth = Area
- What is the formula for calculating the area of a triangle?
- (Width x Depth)/ 2 = A
- What is the formula for calculating the area of a rectangle or a Trapezoid?
- (Add the two parallel lines x the 3rd line) / 2
- "is" means
- "of" means
- times (multiply)
- "what" means
- the unknown "X"
- What direction does the baseline and Township lines run?
- East and West
- What direction dose the meridian and Range lines run?
- North and South
- What are the names of the northern, central and southern intersections points of the baselines?
- Homboldt (northern)
San Bernardino (southern)
- What is the size of a township?
- 6 miles each way, north and south (6 miles square)
- What is the area of a township
- 6 miles x 6 miles (36 square miles)
- What is the parimeter of a township?
- 6 miles + 6 miles + 6 miles + 6 miles
(24 miles around)
- How many sectons are in a township?
- 36 each 1 mile
- How are sections numbered?
- 6 5 4 3 2 1
7 8 9 10 11 12
18 17 16 15 14 13
19 20 21 22 23 24
30 29 28 27 26 25
31 32 33 34 35 36
- How far apart are township lines?
- 6 miles
- How far apart are range lines?
- 6 miles
- How big is a section?
- 1 mile square and 1 square mile
- What are the amount of acres in a section?
- What is the formula for determining the size of a portion of a section?
- Multiply the denominators (bottom figure of a fraction)by each other for each portion and the divide the total into the 640 acres in a full section. Example: NW 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of the W 1/2 or 4x4x2=32 640/32=20 acres
- How many liniar feet in a mile?
- How may feet deep and wide is a section?
- 5280 feet deep and 5280 feet wide.
- How many rods in 1 mile?
- How many feet are in a rod?
- 16 1/2
You must Login or Register to add cards