Glossary of psych chapter 7 test
Other Decks By This User
- ______ is the process in which information in short-term memory is lost when new information appears
- ___ is the memory process that translates information into a form inw hich it can be stored
- ______ memories are examples of episodic memories that are recalled in great detail
- _____ memory is a type of sensory register that holds visual memories
- working memory is another name for _________ memory
- the process by which we recall experiences, information, and skills is known as _____.
- __________ memories are recalled better when the bdoy id in the same chemical or emotional condition in which they were originally encoded.
- The method of ______ organizes items into familiar units so that they can be remembered more easily.
- distubing memories may be pushed out of the conscious mind in the process of ______.
- the memory process by whcih we maintain encoded information over a period of time is called _____.
- information stored as a ________ code is stored according to its meaning
- the first item in a series is more likely to be remembered because of the ________ effect
- primacy effect
- ____ is the memory process that allows people to located stored information and return it to concscious thought
- _____ memory sonsits of gneral knowledge
- Relating new information to something already known helps a person remember the new facts by
- requiring deepr thought abuot the new information
You must Login or Register to add cards