Glossary of neuro review
Other Decks By This User
- What does the frontal lobe control
- judgements, emotions, motor aspects of speech, primary motor cortex for voluntary muscle activation
- what is the function of the parietal lobe
- receives fibers with sensory infor about touch, proprioception, temp and pain from the other sidce of the body
- What is the termporal lobe responisble for?
- auditory info, and language comprehension
- The occiptal lobe is the center for what?
- visual info
- What does the cerebellum coordiante?
- muscle function
- What is included in the brainstem
- midbrain, pons, and medulla its the respiratory and cardiac center, nerve pathways to the brain
- What does the thalamus control
- integrate and relay sensory info from the face, retina, cochlea and taste receptors, interprets sensation of touch pain and temp
- what are characteristics of the sympathetic nervous system?
- Dialated pupils
Epinephrine nad norepinephrine
Constriction of skin and ab arteries
- What are characteristics of the parasympathetic nervous system?
- constricted pupils
lowers hr and respiratory rate
relaxation of skin and ab arterioles
- Olfactory smell
- Optic vision acuity
- Oculomotor-eye function
- Trochlear-Eye function
- Trigminal, snsory of the face, chweing
- Abducens, eye function
- Facial expression, wrinke forehead, taste anterior tongue
- Vesibulocochlear-auditory acuity, balance and postural responses
- Glosspharyngeal,taste on posterior 33%of the scale
- Vagus, cardiac respiratory reflexes
- Spinal Accessory-strnght of trapezius and SCM muscles
- Hypoglossal-motor function fo the tongue
- Characteristics of anterior cerebral stroke
- lower extremitiy more involved than upper, contralateral hempariesis,
- characteristics of posterior cerebral stroke
- contralateral sensory loss, transient contralateral hemipariesis
- characteristics of middle cerebral artery stroke
- upper extremeity more involved than lower,contralateral sensory loss
- Descending tracts
- originates lateral vestibular nucleus, which lies in the floor of the fourth ventricle,
descend the length of the spinal cord in the ventral and lateral funiculi without crossing, enter laminae VIII and IX of the anterior horn, and end upon both alpha and gamma motor neurons, which innervate ordinary muscle fibres and fibres of the muscle spindle
- The Corticospinal Tract is the largest descending pathway in man. It originates in part from the pyramidal cells in the cortex of each cerebral hemisphere and courses through the internal capsule, then through the medullary pyramids. At this point some 80% of the fibres from each hemisphere, decussate in the pyramidal decussation, and continue to descend in the lateral white column of the opposite side. The remaining 20% continue down ipsilaterally, in the ventro-medial white column, to innervate bilaterally, the more medially located motor neurones of the axial and proximal muscles.
The crossed fibres in the lateral white columns comprise both sensory axons (from post-central gyrus and parietal association areas), and motor axons (from precentral gyrus and prefrontal areas). The sensory axons project into the dorsal horn of the grey matter, to effect feedback regulation of the input pathways. The motor axons terminate on motor neurones of the distal muscles, either directly, or indirectly via interneurones.
- Lesion of the medial corticospinal tracts results in???
- this lesion results in inability to sit upright walk or climb.
You must Login or Register to add cards