Glossary of neets mod 2 chp 2
Other Decks By This User
- the property of inductance offers opposition to which of the following quantites
- constatn current
- what is the symbol for inductance
- what is the unit of measurement of inductance
- if 9 volts are inducded in a conductor when the current changes by 4.5 amperes in one second what is the total inductance of the cicruit
- 40.0 henries
- what physical property is similar to inductance?
- the difference in potential across a resistor, created by an current through the resistor is an example of which force?
- when a magnetic field moves through a stationary conductor the elecotrons in orbit are affected in what manner
- they are dislodged from orbit
- self-enduced EMF is also known as what force?
- counter electromotive force
- according to Lenz law, the induced EMF produced by a change in current in an inducteive circuit tends to have what affect on current?
- it opposes eihter a rise or fall in current.
- the direction of induced voltage in an inductor may be found by the application of which rule?
- left hand rule for generators
- left hand rule of generators states that the thumb points in the direction of what?
- when the voltage is removed from a current carrying conductor a volage wil be induced by what?
- the collasping magnetic field.
- how are conductors classified by?
- core type
- normally most coils have cores composed of either air or?
- soft iron.
- when the number fo turns is increased from 2 to 4 the total inductance will increase by a foactor of
- if the radius of a coil is doubled the inductance is increased by a factor of what?
- what is the folrmula for copper loss
- inductors experience copper loss for what reason?
- beacuse all inductors have resistance which will dissipates power
- what erm applies to the power loss in the iron core inductor due to the current inducted in the core?
- eddy-current loss
- pwer consumced bu an iron core inductor in reversing the magnetic field of the core is termed as what tupe of loss?
- when does mutual inductance occurs between inductors?
- whenever the flux of one inductor causes an EMF to be inducted in another inductor
- mutual inductance occurs between two coils is affected by what factor
- the physical demensions of the coils.
- the co-effiecient of coupling between two coils is a measure fo what factor
- the magnetic flux ratio linking the coils.
You must Login or Register to add cards