Glossary of navair 00-80R-19 2
Other Decks By This User
- what is the breaking strength of new E-15 and E-27 tapes?
- 70,000 pounds
- what is the breaking stength of new E-28 tape?
- 150,000 pounds
- in nylon tape exposure to weather causes what estimated reduction in strength?
- how often should new nylon tape be replaced?
- every 6 years
- how often should old nylon tape be replaced?
- every 3 years
- when should nylon tape be replaced?
- if tape is cut or torn 1/4 inch at any location
- what should be identification should be displayed on each sling?
- max load capacity
local serial number
- what is the strike date?
- latest date the item must be removed from service
- what can be done for easy identification to belly bands?
- end hardware can be color coded by length
- what is the working load limit of new tape?
- 50% of breaking strength
- what is the adjustable range of crash handling tiedown?
- 10 to 30ft
- what is the capacity of the crash handling tiedown?
- 10,000 pounds
- what can be used in certain salvage situations for hoisting helos or to provide partial lifting of fixed-wing a/c by the nose or wing-tip area?
- universal salvage harness
- what is the size of the universal salvage harness?
- 9ft long 5inches wide
- what material is the universal salvage harness?
- woven polyester
- in using the universal salvage harness what is the max lift weight using the vertical hitch?
- 31,000 pounds
- in using the universal salvage harness what is the max lift weight using the basket hitch?
- 62,000 pounds
- in using the universal salvage harness what is the max lift weight using the choker hitch?
- 24,800 pounds
- one universal salvage harness consists of what?
- a set of five endless-loop grommets
- what is the weight capacity of the universal aircraft wheel ramp?
- 32,000 pounds
- what is the drawbar pull of the a/s32-31 tow tractor?
- 8,500 pounds
- what is the max gross weight the ALBAR is able to handle?
- 90,000 pounds
- what is the dimensions of the ALBAR universal aircraft towbar?
- aluminum alloy
- how many aircraft crash dollies are provided per carrier?
- 4 dollies and 2 adapters
- each dooly should be capable of supporting how much weight?
- 32,000 pounds
- how many TD-1A tie down assembles must be maintain by crash for emergency?
- what type of tie downs are being developed specifically for crash handling operations?
- (10) 30ft long 10,000 pound capacity fabric-type tiedowns
- concerning shackle pins and bolts what grade is not authorized for crash and salvage use?
- grade A regular strenght
- concerning shackle pins and bolts what grade is authorized for crash and salvage use?
- grade B high strenght
- how should grade B shackle pins and bolts be marked?
- by the raised or stamped letter "HS" on the head
- what should be permanetly and legibly marked on each shackle body?
- in raised or stamped letters
1)identifying manufacturer's name or trademark
2)the shackle size
3)the recommended safe working load
- why should one not weld anything to a shackle?
- it reduces the strength by 30%
- what measures must be taken when a forcible entry saw is operated?
- adequate fire provention measures
- how many spare forcible entry saw blades should be maintained to support crash and salvage operations?
- what size forcible entry saw blades should be used to support crash and salvage operations?
- 12 inch
- how many safety harness should be in a crash kit?
- how many positive-pressure SCBR should be in a crash kit?
- how can one determine the mechnical advantage of a block and tackle?
- by counting the number of parts of the movable(or running) block
- what is the gun tackle made up of?
- two single sheave blocks
- what is the mechnical advantage of the gun tackle?
- what is the single luff tackel made up of?
- a single sheave and double sheave block
- what is the mechnical advantage of the single luff tackle?
- what is the twofold purchase tackle made up of?
- two double sheave blocks
- what is the mechanical advantage of the twofold purchase tackle?
- what is the disadvantage of inverting a tackle?
- the direction of the pull on the hauling part becomes difficult
- crash wire rope is generally manufactured from what type of steel?
- plow steel
You must Login or Register to add cards