Glossary of muscles that move the foot
Other Decks By This User
- Where does the tibialis anterior originate?
a. Lateral condyle and body of tibia
b. Lateral condyle of tibia only
d. all of the above
- A. Lateral condyle and body of tibia
- where does the tibialis anterior insert?
- first metatarsal and first cuniform (underneath on clean part of sock)
- What is the action of the tibialis anterior?
- Dorsiflex and invert foot
- What is the nerve innervation for the tibialis anterior
- fibular nerve
- where does the extensor hallucis longus originate?
- Anterior fibula
- Where does the extensor hallucis longus insert?
- distel phalanx of great toe
- what is the action of the extensor hallucis longis?
- dorsiflex foot, extends great toe, and inverts foot
- where does the extensor digitorum longus insert?
a. on the big toe
b. on the calcanius
c. phalanges of toes 2-5
d. phalanges of toes 3-5
- C. Phalanges of toe 2-5
- What is the actyion of extensor digitorum longus?
- dorsiflex and evert foot, extends phalanges
- Where does the fibularis (peroneus) tertius insert?
a. distel end of great toe
b. phalanges of toes 2-5
c. base of fifth metatarsal
- C. Base of fifth metatarsal
- What is the action of the fibularis (peroneus) tertius?
a. Dorsiflex foot
b. extends phalanges
c. evert foot
d. A and C
- D. A and C
- What 2 muscles invert the foot?
- Extensor hallucis longus and tibialis anterior
- What 2 muscle evert the foot?
- Extensor digitorum longus and fibularis tertius
- Name the 4 muscles that dorsiflex the foot
- Tibialis anterior, extensor hallucis longus, extensor digitorum longus, and fibularis tertius
- All of the muscles that dorsiflex the foot and the fibularis longus and fibularis brevis are innervated by the same nerve. What is it?
- Fibular nerve
- What 2 muscles insert on the base of the fifth metatarsal?
- Fibularis tertius and Fibularis brevis
- What 2 muscles insert on the first metatarsal and first cuniform?
- Tibialis anterior and Fibularis longus
- What is the action of the fibularis longus and fibularis brevis?
a. plantar flex
b. evert foot
c. invert foot
d. A and B
- D. A and B
- What compartment of the leg are the tibialis anterior, extensor hallucis longus, extensor digitorm longus and fibularis tertius found in?
- Anterior compartment of the leg
- What compartment of the leg is fibularis longus and fibularis brevis found in?
- The lateral (fibular) compartment of the leg
- What nerve innervates the superficial posterior, and deep posterior compartment of the leg?
- Tibial nerve
- What 3 muscles insert ong the calcaneus by way of the calcaneal tendon?
- Gastrocnemius, Soleus, and Plantaris
- Where does the Gastocnemius originate?
- lateral and medial epicondyles of femur
- Where does the soleus originate?
- the head of the fibula
- Where does the plantaris originate?
- lateral condyle of the femur
- What 2 muscles plantar flexes the foot and flexes the leg at the knee?
- Gastrocnemius and Plantaris
- What is the action of the soleus?
- Plantar flex
- where does the popliteus originate and insert?
- Lateral epicondyle of femur, and medial epicondyle of tibia
- What is the action of the popliteus?
a. flexes leg
b. medially rotates tibia
c. all of the above
d. none of the above
- C. all of the above
- Where does the tibialis posterior insert?
- second, third and fourth metatarsals and all three cuniforms and cuboid
You must Login or Register to add cards