Glossary of mcat organic chemistry ch4 alkanes sn2
Other Decks By This User
- sn2 avoids forming a?
- SN2 is a ?
- bimolecular nucleophilic substitution
- describe an SN2 reaction?
- nucleophile pushes its way into a compound while displ the leaving group
- how many rate determ steps does SN2 have?
- SN2 the rate determ step involves?
- 2 molecules.
substrate and nucleophile
- for SN2 you need a strong __________________?
- t or f
a transition state really exists?
- an intermediate is a?
- well defined species with a finite lifetime
- which is real and actually exists?
b. transition state
- an intermediate
- For SN2 the reactant can not be?
- sterically hindered
- when the nucleoph attacks the react from the backside what is formed?
- a trigonal bipyramidal trans state
- SN2 follows _____________ kinetics
- second order
- the rate of SN2 react dep on the concentr of?
- 2 reactants
- what things do you have to take into account for SN1 vers SN2?
- 1. sterics
2. nucl str
3. leav gr ability
4. react condit
5. solv effects
- sn1 vers sn2
when you see H+ above the arrow think of?
- cationic mech like Sn1
- Sn1 has a ____________ intermed
- trigonal planar
- Sn1 vers sn2
the carbocation is chiral or achiral?
- Sn1 res in a _______________ of optical activ
- loss of
- Sn1 will turn an optically active comp into a?
- racemic mixture
- sn2 has a ______________ transition state
- what does an sn2 do to the chirality of a compound?
- it flips it.
- a polar aprotic solvent favors?
- 1>2>3 is favored in ?
- 3>2>1 is favored in ?
- sn1 rate=
- sn2 rate=
- SN2 do what to optical activ?
- it will cause an inversion of configuration
- Bulky nucleophiles favor?
You must Login or Register to add cards