Glossary of matter and energy 2
Other Decks By This User
- homogenous mixtures can be seperated by
- distillation, crystallization and chromatography
- Matter is...
- what everything is made up of
- heterogenous mixtures can be seperated by
- An element is...
- substance that cannot be separatedinto simpler substances by chemical change
- A homogeneous mixture is...
- mixtues without visibly deifferent parts (ex: salt water)
- Potential energy is?
- object what has potential for energy because of position
- extensive properties depend on?
- amoutn of matter presnet(mass,length, volume..)
- Amixture is..
- a blend of 2 or more substances
- intensive properties DO NOT depend on
- the amount of matter present (ex:color,freezing pt,density,malleability)
- Liquids have a...
- high density, no definite shape but a definite volume
- Gases have a....
- low density, no definite shape or volume
- A heterogeneous mixture is...
- a mixture with visibly different parts (ex: choc, chip cookies/granite)
- Solids have a...
- high density-holds a particular shape and has a definite volume
- The SI unit used to measure temperaure is?
- The law of CONSERVATION of energy is?
- in any process energy is neither created nor destroyed
- The SI unit for energy is?
- Kinetic Energy is?
- energy of motion
- Chemical change is...
- altering the identity of a substance (ex: burning,cooking,rusting)
- Pure substances are..
- elements and compounds and have unique sets of chemical and physical properties
- A compund is..
- when 2 or more elements combine in a chemical reaction
- Physical changes is..
- change in state (ex:crushing/tearing)
You must Login or Register to add cards