Glossary of j.e. vocabulay
Other Decks By This User
- A specious allegation; a pretext.
- full of apprehension, timid
- to find fault to a disagreeable way, complain fretfully
- the state of being religiously devote
- A member of an ancient Jewish sect that emphasized strict interpretation and observance of the Mosaic law in both its oral and written form.
2. A hypocritically self-righteous person
- to confuse, mix-up (be mixed-up), to worsen, to cause to be ashamed.
- trick, sleight of hand
- Extremely infectious, malignant, or poisonous. Used of a disease or toxin.
Capable of causing disease by breaking down protective mechanisms of the host. Used of a pathogen.
Bitterly hostile or antagonistic; hateful: virulent criticism. See Synonyms at poisonous.
Intensely irritating, obnoxious, or harsh
- opening, hole
- make oneself guilty of perjury by testifying falsely under oath.
- uproar, commotion
- rude, cheeky, disrespectful
- pungent, bitter, sharp, harsh
- dislike, loathing, hatred
- display, show, demonstration
- the act of setting aparting or declaring sacred
- abundant, plently
- blame, criticize, reprimand
- humiliation, disgrace, embarrassment
- aversion, antagonism, opposition
- yearning, infatuated, obsessed, longing
- yellow, sickly, pallid
- ardently, passionately, zealously, excitedly
- righteousness, morality, goodness
- condemnation, criticism, accusation
- fault, critisize, reprimand
You must Login or Register to add cards