Glossary of heart medications
Other Decks By This User
- the force of the contraction
- rate of heart beat
- increases or accelerates
- decreased or slows
- Left sided heart failure
- pulmonary edema
- Right sided heart failure
- pedal edema
- Cardiac glycosides=
what is the action
- they change the electrical conduction properies of the heart which efects the conduction system and cardiac automaticity
- What is the prototype medication for
- suffix for ace inhibitors ?
tratment of ?
hypertension in patients with normal renal function and CHF
- What is the action of an "ace inhibitor" ?
- interferes with the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, therefore decreasing BP.
- Ace inhibitor
Captopril(Capten) use in patients with hypertension who are also suffer from what other chronic condition???
- renal failure.
- What is the first drug of choice in the treatment of hypertensive patients with the following conditions:
CHF, MI, PVD, and DM?
four conditions all with initals.
- ace inhibitors
- Patients with _______, _________, and ________ ,__________, and _______would not benefit from ace inhibitors?
Renal artery stenosis
- What is the most common side effect with ace inhibitors? What are some other adverse effects?
- dry hacking cough d/t the increased sensitivity to the cough reflex.
rash, itching, dry mouth, anorexia, n/v, FIRST DOSE SYNOSCOPE. diarrhea, headache, tachycardia,
You must Login or Register to add cards