Glossary of health ch.1
Other Decks By This User
- a combination of phsical, mental, and social health
- overall state of well-being, or total health
- wut r the three parts of the health triangle?
- mental, physical, and social
- passin on of traits from your parents as a result of the transmission of genes
- the sum total of your surroundings
- three influences on your health...
- heredity, environment, and available health care
- the way you act in many different situations and events in life
- your feelings or beliefs
- three steps to responsible health...
- 1) find out how much you know about your health.
2)get good, relible info on how to stay healthyorr improve your health.
- life-related habits
- lifestyle factors
- providing health info in such a way that it influences on people to change their attitudes and take positive actions regarding their health
- health education
- the possibility that an action may cause injury or harm to you or others
- risk behavior
- a planned action taken before an increase the chances of a safe outcome
- the process of making a choice or finding a soltution.
- decision making
- the six steps of decision making
- 1)state the situation
2)list the obtions
3)weigh the possible outcomes
4)consider your values
5)make a decison and act
6)evaluate the decision
- the beliefs and ideas that are important to you and to your family
- something you aim for
- the way you feel about yourself
- list 4 reasons that goAls are important
- 1)keep you focused
2)identify wut u want out of life
- ability to deal in a reasonable way with the stresses and changes of everyday life.
- mental health
- a special mix of traits , feelings, attitudes, and habits.
- beliefs and ideas about wut is important in your life
- the view that you have of yourself is called...
- way you feel about yourself
- needs that affect your feelings and sence of well being
- emotional needs
- list three basic emotional needs
- 1)love and be loved
- chemical substances that regualte many body functions
- body's responce to changes around you
- stress that keeps you from doing the things that you need to do or causes you discomfort
- triggers of stress
- this hormone increases the level of sugar in your , which gives your body extra energy.
- extreme tiredness
- EXTREME tiredness of the whole body
- physical fatigue
- EXTREME tiredness caused by your mental state
- psychological fatigue
- 5 ways you can manage stress
- short-term ways of dealing with stress
- defense mechanisms
- when a fear gets in the way of a persons abilty to to function in daily life
- disorders in which real or imagined fears keep a person from functioning normally
- anxiety disorders
- condition in which a person is not able to function in the real world
- "split mind"
a serious disorder in which people turn inward and often completly lose touch with reality
- a network of people available to help when needed
- support system
You must Login or Register to add cards