Glossary of grammar-definitions
Other Decks By This User
- an action something you do
a state of being: is am are were, was
- a person place thing
- compound word
- two words put together to make a new word and a new meaning
- a syllable added to the beginning of a word to form a new word and create a new meaning
- a syllable added to the end of a word
- Two words put together to make a word but the meaning does not change.
- linking verbs
- does not show action;
tells about present or the past; connects subject to rest of the sentence.
- helping verbs
- helps to show an action;
- irregular verbs
- verbs in the past that have special forms; spelled differently.
- It tells more about a verb.
It tells when, where and how.
You must Login or Register to add cards