Glossary of glucose
Other Decks By This User
- Normal fasting blood glucose value for a non-diabetic client ?
- 70-110 mg/dl
- Goal for blood glucose level in a diabetic client.
- 80-120mg/dl whole blood
- Can a capillary glucose test be delegated to an UAP?
- Yes but the R.N. is responsible for knowing the test results
- Why is glucose monitoring important?
- if glucose is uncontrolled it can lead to acute and chronic complications.
- List reasons why testing times for diabetic clients will vary?
- type of diabetes
amount of control desired
- Is whole blood or plasma closest to serum?
- When testing glucose, if the first drop of blood from the finger is used will the test be valid?
- No. Serous fluid will give a false/positive result
- Where do you document the glucose monitor reading?
- the MAR and the diabetic flow sheet
- What complications can be avoided if the client is able to control their diabetes?
- non-traumatic lower extremity amputation
end stage renal failure
- Five different diabetes test.
Glycoslated hemoglobin (HgA1c)
Ketone (type 1)
- What part of the finger should be used to get a glucose monitor reading?
- the fat pad on the side of a finger
or an ear-lobe
- Regular insulin does not contain ?
- a modifying protein i.e. globulin or protamine
You must Login or Register to add cards