Glossary of ged social studies parta
Other Decks By This User
- when you see a name or a concept while you are reading, what should you do?
write down a couple of facts about it or about the person.
- very important, special
- when were the slaves freed in america?
- what ruling freed the slaves
- the emancipation proclamation
- to emancipate
- to free
- signal to help guide people if they are lost,
lighthouse is a beacon
- to sear
- to really burn, or cook
- really really sad
- like handcuffs, used to chain up slaves
- to segregate
- is to keep apart
- in America
- blacks were not allowed to be in white schools, blacks were not allowed to work good jobs, use the bathrooms. even eat in the same restaurant.
- being poor
- material prosperity
- physical wealth, money, big houses
- spiritual prosperity
- that your soul and heat are happy
- somebody who inherits money or property from their dead relative.
- inalienable rights
- rights that can not be taken away
- even though you have come up with the main ideas of the passage, why will the questions still be hard?
- because they try to trick you by saying the correct answer in a weird way.
- to predict, to say what will happen in the future based on what you know already.
- something that makes sense, has evidence to support it.
- before you look at the answer choices what should you do?
- try to come up with your own answer in simple words.This way they can not trick you.
- too nice or too mean is _______________ for an answer
- NOT A good choice for an answer
- position means what 2 things.
- 1. your location
2. your opinion on something
You must Login or Register to add cards