Glossary of endocrinology terminology
Other Decks By This User
- diabetes mellitis
- a condition of hyperglyemina that is either classifed as type I or II.
- pertaining to
- drug used to treat high cholesterol (Greek; anti-against, lipos-fat, haima-blood
- pertaining to glands that secrete into the body
- high blood sugar
- high blood lipids
- high thyroid condition
- low blood sugar
- low thyroid condition
- pertaining to the body
- gland in the neck that produces thyroxin and other thyroid hormones. Removal of this glad causes hypothyroidism, a disease characterized by low metabolism.
- type I diabetes
- insulin dependent diabetes mellitis (IDDM). Need insulin. Usually juvenile onset.
- type II diabetes
- non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitis (NIDDM). Usually no need for insulin. Usually maturity onset.
You must Login or Register to add cards