Glossary of dinosaurs 2
Other Decks By This User
- Carnivores are an order of animals that belong to the class of ________________.
- Dinosaurs may have become extinct because a _____ hit the Earth.
- The reptile whose forlimbs have the bone structure needed to fly is the _______.
- Of the following, the one that is a vertebrate is: bacteria, trilobite, starfish, or fish.
- The change in species over time is known as _________.
- Who was the scientist who invented the classification system in use today?
- Carolus Linnaeus
- The beaks of the finches on the Galapagoes Islands were adapted for _______________.
- Explain Darwin's theory.
- The animals that have the best combination of inherited traits will survive and reproduce. Called Survival of the Fittest.
- The first horses were approximately the size of modern ___________.
- The longest period in the geologic time scale is the _______ _______.
- Precambrian Time
- A possible explanation based on evidence is known as a ____.
- The study of fossils is called _________.
- Of the following, which contains the most organisms: genus, order, class, phylum.
- A species that does not have the traits needed to survive will likely _____ ______.
- become extinct
- Before fish, the dominant consumers in the ocean were __________.
You must Login or Register to add cards