Glossary of defenitions (English)
Other Decks By This User
- A word formed from the initial letters of a name
- To add as an affix. added at the end.
- A new word or phrase. The invention of new words.
- words or expressions more suitable for speech than writing
- Ludicrous misuse of a word, especially by confusion with one of similar sound
- The formation or use of words such as buzz or murmur that imitate the sounds associated with the objects or actions they refer to. Use of words whose sound suggest the meaning.
- Something that reads the same backword and forward
- Portmanteau Word
- A word formed by merging the sounds and meanings of two different words, as chortle, from chuckle and snort.
- comparison using "like" or "as"
- A transposition of sounds of two or more words, especially a ludicrous one, such as Let me sew you to your sheet for Let me show you to your seat.
You must Login or Register to add cards