Glossary of deep tissue massage
Other Decks By This User
- what is a cell?
- cell membrane
- The slenius capitis is deep to which muscles?
- Splenius capitis is deep to trapezius and rhomboids.
- what is the unilateral action of the splenii muscles?
- Rotate the head to the same side
Rotate the head to the same side.Lateral flex the head and neck.
- what is the origin and the insertion splenius capitis?
- origin; capitis;Ligamentum nuchae, spinous processes c7 to T3 Insertion; Mastoid process, lateral nuchal line.
- What is the origin and insertion of the splenius cervicis?
- O; cervicis ; spinous processes of T3 to T6.
Insertion cervicis ; Transverse processesof upper cervical verebrae.
- What muscles are the deepest of the upper posterior neck?
- The small suboccipitals are the deeepest of the posterior neck.
- What is the action of the suboccipitals?
- action; Extend your ever-so -slightly
Extended your head ever so slightly'
- What is the function of the ligamentum nuchae?
- To help stabizied the head and neck.
- What is the origin and insertion of the rectus capitis posterior major?
- o; spinous process of the axis (c-2)
I; Inferior nuchal line of the occiput.
- What is the origin and insertion of the rectus capitis posterior minor?
- o; Tubecle of the posterior
o; tubecle of the posterior arch of the atlas (c-1)
I; Inferior nuchal of the occiput.
arch of the atlas (-1)
- What is the origin &insertion of the oblique capitis superior?
- o; Transverse process of the atlas
O;Transverse process of the atlas(c1).
I;Beween the nuchal lines of the occiput.
- What is the origin & insertion of the oblique capitis inferior?
- 0; spinous process of axis (c2). I. Transverseprocess of the atlas(c-1). I
- What are the unilateral action of the quadratus lumborum?
- unilaterally ; Elevate the hip Laterally flexes the vertbral column. assits to extend the vertebral column.
- What are the bilateral action of the quadratus lumborum?
- Fixes the last rib during respiration.
- What is the origin of quadratus lumborum?
- o; posterior iliac crest,iliolumbar ligment.
- What is the insertion of quadratus lumorum ?
- Last rib tranvserse proceses of first through fourth lumbar vertebrae.
You must Login or Register to add cards