Glossary of colossians chapter 1
Other Decks By This User
- Who wrote the book of colossians?
- How did Paul describe himself?
- an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God
- Who was with Paul?
- and Timothy our brother
- How did Paul describe those to whom he wrote?
- to the saints and faithful brethren in Christ
- Where was the church that Paul wrote to?
- who are at Colossae
- What was Pauls salutation to the readers?
- Grace to you and peace from God our Father
- What was Paul and Timothy doing towards the colossians?
- We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
- What else were they doing?
- praying always for you
- How long had they been praying and giving thanks to the colossians?
- since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have for all the saints
- Why did the colossians have faith and love?
- because of the hope laid up for you in heaven
- How had the colossians learned about their hope?
- of which you previously heard in the word of truth the gospel
- How had they received the gospel?
- which has come to you,
just as in all the world also
- What is the result of the gospel?
- it is constantly bearing fruit
- How long had the gospel been affecting the colossians?
- since the day you heard of it
and understood the grace of God in truth
- From whom did the colossians learn the gospel?
- just as you learned it from Epaphras
- How did Paul describe Epaphras?
- who is a faithful servant of Christ on our behalf
- What did Epaphras say he did?
- and he also informed us of your love in the Spirit
- What was the result for Paul after what Epaphras talked to them?
- For this reason also
since the day we heard of it
we have not ceased to pray for you
- What did Paul want for the colossians in relation to Gods will?
- and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will
- How did Paul want the colossians want to know Gods will?
- in all spiritual wisdom and understanding
You must Login or Register to add cards