Glossary of chemistry unit one part two vocabulary
Other Decks By This User
- A visual representation of information, such as a circle graph, line graph, or bar graph that can reveal patterns in data.
- A type of change that alters the physical properties of a substance but does not change its composition.
- physical change
- A process involving one or more substances changing into new substances; also called a chemical reaction.
- chemical change
- Anything that has mass and takes up space.
- States that mass is never created nor destroyed during a chemical reaction, but is conversed.
- law of conservation of mass
- One that has a uniform composition throughout and always has a single phase; also called a solution.
- homogeneous mixture
- One that doesn't have a uniform composition and in which the individual substances remain distinct.
- heterogeneous mixture
- A uniform mixture that may contain solids, liquids, or gases; also called a homogeneous mixture.
- A pure substance that can't be broken down into simpler substances by physical or chemical means.
- A chemical combination of two or more substances; can be broken down into simpler substances by chemical means and has properties different of its components elements.
- A physical blend of two or more pure substances and any proportion in which each substance retains its individual properties; can be separated by physical means.
- Refers to how close a measured value is to an accepted value.
- Refers to how close a series of measurements are to one another; precise measurements show little variation over a series of trials but may not be accurate.
- The ratio of an error to an accepted value.
- percent error
You must Login or Register to add cards