Glossary of chapter 14 questions
Other Decks By This User
- The difference between a true score and an obtained score is referred to as:
- Error of measurement
- One source of measurement error in social-psychological scales is:
A) Response-set bias
B) Split-half bias
C) Maturation bias
D) Selection bias
- Response-set bias
- A measure of which of the following traits would be a good candidate for a test-retest reliability assessment?
A) Anxiety level
B) Fear of heights
- Fear of heights
- Cronbach's alpha is used to determine which of the following attributes of an instrument?
A) Internal consistency B) Stability
- Internal consistency
- The aspect of reliability for which interobserver reliability is appropriate is:
- If the coefficient alpha for a stress scale was computed to be .80, the scale would be:
- Of acceptably high reliability
- The type of validity that employs primarily logical rather than empirical procedures in its assessment is:
- Suppose a researcher were interested in assessing the adequacy of an instrument to measure the theoretical concept of hopefulness. The type of validation procedure would most probably be:
- Which of the following terms does not belong with the other three?
- Face validity
- Which of the following terms does not belong with the others?
- Peer debriefing
- An overall assessment of the adequacy of a structured self-report or observational instrument is referred to as a:
- Psychometric assessment
- With screening or diagnostic instruments, the concept indicating the instruments' ability to correctly identify a “case” (i.e., to screen in or diagnose a condition correctly) is:
- Which of the following is not an aspect of trustworthiness?
- If both in-depth interviews and participant observations were used to collect data on a phenomenon in a study, this would be referred to as:
- Method triangulation
- If a researcher studying family response to adolescent suicide interviewed parents and siblings independently, the triangulation approach method would be called:
- Data source triangulation
You must Login or Register to add cards