Glossary of ch 6-10 vocab
Other Decks By This User
- jumping from one thing to another
- disrespectful. The impudent student was removed from the classroom.
- to accuse someone.to charge, blame.
- the top of the mountain, the top of something
- decorate, adorn, trim. At christmas we festoon the christmas tree.
- by chance, accidental, hit or miss. They chose the winning ticket by random
- workable, possible
- to make a return charge against the accuser
- perform, carry out, commit,,transact "pull off, execute"
- depression, gloom, misery, unhappy. He had a mirthless look on his face when he failed the test.
- angry, incensed, enraged
- persistant, tough, stubborn. The mother was tenacious about wanting her son to do well in school
- orderly, regular, precise
- accuse, point the finger at. The witness implicated the suspect.
- to yield, give in, or agree without enthusiasm
- peculiarity, quirk. It is an idiosyncracy that he has blue eyes.
- showing active ill will, willing to hurt
- hate, reject. There was much scorn between the two enemies
- search through
- repeat.to go over again.Why must she reiterate that he must study harder.
- hire someone to hire someone to kill. Substitute, fill-in, alternate, second
- pained expression, twisted face
- shake violently
- lying under oath in a court of law
- connection, joining, meeting,union
- weary, tired of it. By the end of the night, my mom is very listless
- confuse, puzzle
- character, name. The prisoner had a bad reputation
- stranded, abandoned, isolated, helpless, left behind
- enough, plenty. Do you have sufficient money to buy lunch
- intense dislike
Brian has an aversion to broccoli
- to grip tightly, hold firm. She clenched the money in her hand.
- lip service, phoniness,two faced,
- by chance. Two things happening that are the same that are not planned.It is a coincidence that the two brothers were both born in January
- causes doubt, questionable, uncertain
I was dubious of her chances of winning the lottery
- dialogue, speech, conversation,talk, discussion.The discourse between the father and son was quite tense.
You must Login or Register to add cards