Glossary of ch 17 med term
Other Decks By This User
- aqueous humor
- Watery fluid that circulates through the posterior and anterior chambers of the eye.
- Inflammation of an eyelid.
- Prolapse (sagging) of an eyelid.
- Inflammation of the conjunctiva.
- Pupils are of unequal size.
- corneal ulcer
- Defect in the surface of the cornea.
- Pertaining to paralysis of the ciliary muscle (causing paralysis of accommodation).
- Inflammation of a lacrimal (tear) gland.
- Inflammation of the iris.
- Pertaining to the iris.
- Removal of (a portion) of the iris.
- Inflammation of the cornea.
- Pertaining to tears.
- The process of forming tears.
- Pertaining to within the eye.
- One who specializes in the study of the eye, its disorders and treatment.
- Pertaining to the eye.
- Paralysis of the eye (muscles).
- Pertaining to the eye or to vision.
- One who “measures” (examines) eyes and prescribes lenses.
- One who grinds lenses and fits glasses.
- Pertaining to the eyelid.
- Swelling of the optic disc (associated with increased intracranial pressure)
and hyperemia (increased blood flow)
- Technique of cataract extraction using high-frequency ultrasonic vibrations
to remove the clouded lens.
- Absence of the lens of the eye.
- Pertaining to the pupil.
- Inflammation of the retina.
- hypertensive retinopathy
- Disease of the retina associated with (secondary to) high blood pressure.
- Pertaining to the cornea and scleral layers of the eye.
- Inflammation of the sclera.
- Inflammation of the uvea (vascular layer of the eye).
- vitreous humor
- Clear, watery fluid filling the jelly-like mass (vitreous body) that fills the cavity
of the eyeball.
- Pertaining to the ear.
- Pertaining to hearing.
- Record of hearing as taken by an audiometer.
- Pertaining to hearing or sound.
- Progressive, bilateral hearing loss occurring with age.
You must Login or Register to add cards