Glossary of ch.20 - 23 history
Other Decks By This User
- Latin America lies between what two oceans?
- Atlantic and Pacific
- what makes it hard for latin americans to communicate?
- mountains and highlands that seperate countries
- what geography features help latin americans?
- rivers because that is how they can communicate
- what is the spanish word for "cold land"
- tierra fria
- what is the spanish word for "temperate land"
- tierra templada
- what is the spanish word for "hot land"
- tierra caliente
- what is the relationship between elevation and climate
- the higher the elevation, the lower the climate.
- what are the importances and consequences of clearing rain forests?
- importance: is a good resource [lumber]
consequence: destroys natural habitat for wildlife
- what is a cause of ethnic and cultural diversity of a region
- when settlers came and had children with the natives and with the africans, it made different cultures and ethnic groups. IMMIGRATION
- define mercantilism
- the theory that a country's economic strength depended on increasing its gold supply by exporting more goods than it imported
- define peninsulares
- officials sent from spain to rule colonies & TOP RULING CLASS
You must Login or Register to add cards