Glossary of cardiology
Other Decks By This User
- perfomed with electrocardigraph, shows electrical action of heart
- myocardial infraction, heart attack
- period of relaxation of heart
- branches into arteries that dist. blood.
- recieving chambers
- pumping chambers
- elevated bloodpressure, persistently higher than 140/90
- decreased supply of oxygen to body part.
- holter monitoring
- portable device that makes prolonged electrocardiograph recordings.
- crown, heart
- localized are of necrosis (death) in tissue, vessel or organ resulting from lack of oxygen due to interrupted blood flow.
- process of recording heart sound, studies structure and motion of heart. Studies structural and functional changes of heart.
- contraction phase of heartbeat forcing blood into aorta and pulmanary arteries.
- cholesterol tests
- TC-Total Cholesterol
LDL-Low density (fatty)
triglycerides- Measure of fat in blood
- stress test
- patient put under physical stress, to test for any distress of heart.
You must Login or Register to add cards