Glossary of applied academics
Other Decks By This User
- Who decides what Americans should eat?
- Why eat a variety of foods?
- to get the energy, protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber you need for good health
- What should you balance your food with?
- physical activity
- What is a food pyramid?
- An outline of what to eat each day to remain healthful
- What are the six pieces of the pyramid?
- 1. fats & oils & sweets 2. milk, yogurt & cheese 3. meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs 4. vegetable 5.fruit 6. bread, cereal, rice & pasta
- How much should you eat of the fat, oil & sweets
- eat sparingly
- How much should you eat of the milk group
- 2-3 servings
- How many vegetables should you eat
- 3-5 servings
- How much of the fruit group?
- 2-4 servings
- Ho much of the bread, cereal, rice & pasta should you eat?
- 6-11 servings
- How many calories is a baked potato?
How much fat?
- How many calories in 14 french fries?
How much fat?
- Name three different ways to count a serving of vegetables
- 1. 1 cup of raw leafy vegetables
2. 1/2 cup of other vegetables, cooked or chopped raw 3. 3/4 cup of vegetable juice
- Name three ways to count a serving of the meat group
- 1. 1 egg
2. 2 oz of sliced turkey
3. cooked lean hamburger
- What counts as a serving of milk (3 ways)
- 1. 1 cup of milk or yogurt
2. 1 1/2 ounce of natural cheese
3. 2 ounces of process cheese
You must Login or Register to add cards