Glossary of anatomy and physiology digestive
Other Decks By This User
- taking food into digestive tract
- swallowing and peristalsis
- waves of contraction and relaxation of muscles in organ walls
- catabolic breakdown of food
- chemical digestion
- movement of nutrients from GI tract to the blood or lymph
- elimination of indigested solid wastes
- serous membrane of abdominal cavity
- covers exterman surface of most digestive organs
- lines the body wall
- what are the functions of the peritoneal cavity?
- lubricates digestive organs, allows them to slide across one another
- organs outside the peritoneum
- retroperitoneal organs
- organs surrounded by the peritoneum
- peritoneal organs
- what are the names of the tunics from the esophaguz to the anal canal?
- mucosa, cubmucosa, mucularis externa, serosa
- what is the mucosa primarily made up of?
- epithelial tissue
- what are the 3 main functions of the mucosa?
- 1. secretion of mucus 2. absorption of the end products of digestion 3. protection against infectios disease
- what is the submucosa made up of?
- dense connective tissue
- what does the (5) submucosa contain?
- 1 elastic fbers 2 blood 3 lymphatic vessels 4 lymphnodes 5 nerves
- what is the mucularis externa responsible for?
- segmentation and peristalsis
- which tunic is also known as the protective viseral peritoneum?
- qhat is the serosa replaced by in the esophagus?
- fibrous adventita
- what are the 3 pairs of extrensic glands
- parotid, submandubular, sublingual
- what is an enzyme that breaks down starch
- what is secreted from the serous and mucos cells of salivary glands?
- what does saliva contain?
- mostly water, electrolytes, digestive ensyme (amalyse), proteins, metabolic wastes
- what is the muscular tube going from the laryngopharynx to the stomach?
- where does the esophagus join the stomach?
- cardiac orifice
- what is the esophageal mucosa made of?
- non keritanized stratified squamous epithelium
- glands secrete____ as a bolus moves thry the esophagus
- which cells of the stomachsecrete HCL and intrinsic factor?
- parietal cells
- what do the cheif cells produce?
You must Login or Register to add cards