Glossary of Chapters 1 and 2- Measuring Earth
Other Decks By This User
- what does the altitude of Polaris indicate?
- the observers latitude. Also proves earth's shape
- What is the prime meridian?
- The reference line for longitude and for Greewn wich mean time.
- How does time change as you move east from the prime meridian?
- it is an hour later with every 15 degrees
- what is the chronometer
- clock used to determine longitude keeping time atthe Prime Meridian and solar noon time.
- cyclic change
- events that follow set patterns and seem to repeat themselves
- What is the equation for gradient or slope?
- gradient= change in value /change in distance
- what is percentage error or percent deviation?
- the amount of error in a measurement expressed as a percent
- isolines joining points of equal barometic pressure
- contour line
- lines joining points of elevation
- How are depressions shown on a contour map?
- Depressions, or holes are indicated by hachured lines. Each line indicates a contour interval lower
- topographic map
- a two dimensional model which shows the elevations of various points
You must Login or Register to add cards