Glossary of Chapter 5 Voc. List
Other Decks By This User
- Imagined or pretended.
- The largest type of Institution of higher learning, composed of several undergraduate colleges and graduate schools for advanced study.
- A course of study that satisfies the admissions requirements for a specific profesional school as part of a baccalaureate degree.
- Preprofessional programs.
- A certified, experienced, skilled craftsperson who has successfully completed an apprenticeship.
- Journey worker.
- A policy of granting admission to all applicats without reguard to grade point average, test scores, or class rank.
- Open-admission policy.
- Types of jobs available.
- Employment structure.
- A four-year degree that is sometimes called a bachelor's degree.
- Baccalaureate degree.
- To evalate someone or something, such as a potential employer.
- Occupational training programs developed jointly by high schools and community colleges.
- Tech Crops.
- Relationship between an employer and an employee during which the worker learns a trade.
- A school privately owned and operated for profit.
- A thank-letter sent to an interviewer following a job interview.
- Follow-up letter.
- A federally administered employment and training program that serves severely disadvantaged young people.
- Job Crops.
- The specific details of a job offer, such as working hours, salary or wages, and bringe benefits.
- Conditions of employment
- Unspoken communication through physcal movements, expression, and gestures.
- Body language.
- Home study.
- Correspondence courses.
- A wide range of education and training provided by employers for their employees.
- On-the-job training.
- Pleasant or agreeable.
- Unions of craftsmen.
- Fit into.
- After high school.
- To verify or make firm,such as calling to check on an appointment.
- Intended to train students in fields related to engineering and the physical sciences.
- General equivalency diploma.
- Has met certain minimum standards for its program of study, staff, and facilities.
- A face-to-face meeting between a job seeker and a potential employer.
- Job interview.
You must Login or Register to add cards