Glossary of Zoonoses!!
Other Decks By This User
- What's the #1 cause of dog/cat bite wounds?
- Pasteurella multocida
- What 5 other things cause cat/dog bite wounds?
- 1. Capnocytophaga canimorsus
2. Alpha-hemolytic streps
3. Eikenella corrodens
- What are 2 characteristics of P. multocida?
- 1. Penicillin resistant
2. Bipolar staining
- What causes rat bite fever?
- But what 2 etiologic AGENTS?
- 1. Streptobacillus moniliformis
2. Spirillum minus
- How is RABIES transmitted?
- Bat bites
- What organism is associated with Cat scratch disease?
- Bartonella henselae
- How is B. henselae identified?
- -Observation of GNB, but very fastidious.
-Serologic methods are better.
- What 5 infections are transmitted by direct contact wtih animals?
- 1. Anthrax
- What animal causes Tularemia?
- Rabbits, or TICKS.
- What animals cause Brucellosis?
- Pigs, Goats, Bison, Cows
- What disease does Brucellosis cause?
- Undulant fever
- What animal causes Erysipeloid?
- What are 4 characteristics of Erysipelothrix rhusthiopathieae?
- 1. GPB
2. Very long!
3. Catalase neg
4. H2S producer
- What transmits ANTHRAX?
- Cows and Goats
- What distinguishes anthracis from other bacillus species?
- -Not beta-hemolytic
- What organism causes glanders?
- Burkholderia mallei
- What 3 organisms are associated with contact with infected animal pee or poop?
- 1. Leptospiroris
- What transmits Leptospirosis?
- Rodent droppings
- What media is used for Leptospirosis?
- Fletcher's media, incubated at 30'C.
- What transmits Hantavirus?
- What causes Psittacosis?
- Chlamydia psittaci
- What 4 diseases are vector borne?
- 1. Borrelia
- What 2 diseases does borrelia cause?
- 1. Relapsing fever
2. Lymes disease
- What transmits RMSF and ehrlichiosis?
- What transmits Plague?
What organism causes it?
What type of bug is it?
- -Rat fleas
You must Login or Register to add cards