Glossary of Zechariah Bible Lesson
Other Decks By This User
- Zechariah was the son of
- Wnat tribe was Zechariah most likely from?
- Zechariah was a ___________ and _____________ just like 2 other men (who were the men)
- Priest and Prophet
like Jeremiah and Ezekiel
- Zechariah's grandfather was ______________________
- Who did Iddo return from Babylog to Jerusalem with?
- What did King Cyrus issue?
- an edict
- What did the edict that King Cyrus issue do?
- Granted permission for the Jews to return and rebuild their temple
- When was Zechariah's 1st prophecy delivered?
- October or Nov. 520 BC between Haggai's 2nd and 3rd messages
- Who lived at the same time as Zechariah? (he was contemporary with?)
- 1)Govenor Zerubabbel
2)Jeshua the High Priest
3)Haggai the Prophet
- What did Zechariah join Haggai the prophet in doing?
- Cheering on the Jewish colony (recently returned to Jerusalem) to resume rebuilding the temple.
- When had they (Jewish colony) stopped rebuilding the temple?
- 536 BC
- Why had they stopped rebuilding the temple?
- Because of opposition from neighbors and FEAR
- How long did Haggai's prophetic career last?
- 4 months
- Zechariah spoke for God into the reign of ________________
- Artaxerxes I
- When did Artaxerxes I reignment?
- 465 BC - 424 BC
- In 540 BC what did the Angel refer to echariah as?
- a young man
- Where (#) does the canon of the Old Testament place the book of Zecharia.
- 11th of the Minor Prophets
- Who was concerned about the Jews rebuilding the temple?
- Who did Tettenai talk to about the Jews rebuilding the templet
- King Darius
- What did King Darius do after Tattenai told him of his concerns about the Jews rebuilding the temple?He
- He allowed the Jews to proceed
- When was the temple completed and dedicated?
- 516 BC (March 12)
- How many night visions did Zechariah see?
- What did Zechariah's 8 Night Visions affirm?
- That if Judah would return to the Lord, He would return them and his word would continue to be fulfilled.
- What does Zechariah's name mean?
- The Lord Remembers
- What is the Hebrew word for God?
- Elohim is a plural word for ______________ that implies ____________________
- majesty that implies power
- Zechariah most likely knew God as ________-_________________
- What is the personal name of God?
- Yahweh (Lord)
- What is the word used for "the God of the covenant promises"?
- What did God tell the Jewish people to teach their children?
- The 1. commands, 2. decrees, and 3. laws of their God
- How were the Jewish people supposed to teach their children the commands, decrees, adn laws of God?
- By retelling the story of their deliverance from Egypt so they would know God.
- As a priest Zechariah was schooled (or knew a lot) about the _________ & ______________ of God's relationship with his people
- Law and History
- What do some of Zechariah's prophecies ahve to do with?
- The end times
- This lesson is focused on Zechariah's prophecies about deliverance from __________________ and the _________________ of God's people to ____________________
- Deliverance from Babylon and restoration of God's people to Jerusalem
- 6 prophecies of Zechariah are promises of the ________________ ____________
- Coming Messiah
- He would be ___________ and _________________ for ____ pieces of __________________. He would be ________________ in the _______________.
- rejected and betrayed for 30 pieces fo silver.
He would be pierced in the side.
- He would be _________________ by the "____________" of the Lord
- struck by the "sword" of the Lord
- He would be a ____________, a __________________, and _____________ a ________________.
- a priest
and ride a donkey
- He would _________________ the ____________'s ___________
- build the Lord's temple
- He would come in __________________
- He would _______________ and establish _________________ and ________________
- reign and establish peace and prosperity
- In what NEW Testament book did Jesus give testimony to these prophecies?
- The book of Zechariah proclaims that God is _______________ in ______________
- sovereign in History
- The Jewish people had to see God as their _______________
- God's Spirit would give the Jewish people _______________
- When the Jewish people were rebuilding the temple they became ______________ & _____________ with the task.
- Tired and Overwhelmed
- What did some of the Jewish people become more concerned with during the time of rebuilding?
- Their OWN houses...not as concerned with God's house
- When Haggai's ministry came to an end, Zechariah took over the job of ______________ to God's people to ________________ the _________________
rebuild the temple
- Zechariah reminded them that this temple was very important. WHY was it so important?
- Because the promised Messiah would one day teach there.
- What would be the center of God's message to the whole world through the Messiah?
- The Temple
- Martin Luther considered God to be like a ______________ in his life.
- When times were hard Martin Luther did what?
- He put his HOPE in God
- Martin Luther is remembered as the ______________ of the __________________ Restoration
- Father of the Protestant Reformation
You must Login or Register to add cards