Glossary of Year in Review
Other Decks By This User
- People form governments to
- a. establish order, provide money, accomplish goals
b. establish order, provide security, accomplish goals
- The 3 levels of government are
- a. local, county , national
b. local, city, county
c. local, state, national
- The purpose of a government is to
- a. establish and maintain services
b. establish and maintain order
- The 3 branches of government are
- Legislative, Executive, Judicial
- The mayor is the head of
- The city government
- The President is the head of
- The United STates of American and the Executive Branch
- The Governor is head of the
- state government
- Does KY have 3 branches of government?
- What is the name of Kentucky's "Congress?"
- General Assembly
- What is our governor's name?
- Ernie Fletcher
- What do we call the "vice" governor?
- Lieutenant Governor
- What are the first 10 amendments to the Constitution called?
- The Bill of Rights
- What is an amendment?
- A change to a document
- What are some of our rights as citizens of the US?
- Our amendments tell us our rights
- Do we have responsibilities because we are citizens of the US
- Yes, we must follow the Constitution and the laws of the land
You must Login or Register to add cards