Glossary of Words that describe language, set 2
Other Decks By This User
- Characterized by a narrow, ostentatious concern for learning and formal rules- interested with showing how much a person knows.
- Of an inoffensive substitute for offensive terminology
- Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, ostentatious.
- Of or pertaining to the senses, sensible. Addressing the senses; suggesting pictures or images of sense.
- Strictly and completely in accord with fact, not deviating from truth or reality.
- Posessing or demonstrating profound, often systematic knowledge, erudite. Disected toward scholars?
- Of, relating to, or expressed by means of symbols or a symbol.
- Having or manifest little sense or intelligence. Uneducated; ignorant.
- Based on or making use of figures of speech; metaphorical; figurative language
- Grandiloquent, pompous speech or writing
- Difficult to understand, recondite. Remote from apprehension, an abstuse learning.
- Characterized by ludicrous or incongruous distortion, as of appearance or manner. Outlandish or bizarre, as in character or appearance.
- Particular, of or relating to a specific thing or instance.
You must Login or Register to add cards