Glossary of Wheelock Chapter 24
Other Decks By This User
- Carthago, Carthaginis, f.
- fabula, -ae, f.
- story, tale; play
- imperator, imperatoris, m.
- general, commander-in-chief, emperor
- imperium, -ii, n.
- power to command, supreme power, authority, command, control
- perfugium, -ii, n.
- refuge, shelter
- servus, -i, m. and serva, -ae, f.
- solacium, -ii, n.
- comfort, relief
- vulnus, vulneris, n.
- postea, adv.
- narro (1)
- to tell, report, narrate
- re-, red-
- prefix meaning again, back
- conj. + indicative
as, just as, when
- accipio, -cipere, -cepi, -ceptum
- to take to one's self, receive, accept
- excipio, -cipere, -cepi, -ceptum
- to take out, except; take, receive, capture
- recipio, -cipere, -cepi, -ceptum
- to take back, regain, admit, receive
- pello, pellere, pepuli, pulsum
- to strike, push, drive out, banish
- expello, -pellere, -puli, -pulsum
- to drive out, expel, banish
- quaero, quaerere, quaesivi, quaesitum
- to seek, look for, strive for, ask, inquire, inquire into
- rideo, ridere, risi, risum
- to laugh, laugh at
You must Login or Register to add cards