Glossary of Vocabulary for the Primary Music Student
Other Decks By This User
- In music, a song that tells a story.
- A line of single tones that move upward, downward, or repeat. The tune.
- A rhythm pattern or melody pattern that repeats.
- Two or more different tones sounding at the same time.
- A group of three or more different tones played or sung at the same time.
- A melody that is played or sung at the same time as a another melody.
- Music that supports the featured performers.
- A person who makes up pieces of music by putting sounds together in his or her own way. One who writes music.
- Symbols for sound in music.
- To make up music as it is being performed.
- In a song, music that is played before the singing begins.
- A follow-the-leader process in which all sing the same melody but start at different times.
- A group of long and short sounds
- rhythm pattern
- The overall plan of a piece of music.
- The part of a song that repeats, using the same melody and words.
- Symbols for silence in music.
- The speed of the beat in music.
- A move from one tone to another without skipping a tone in between.
- A move from one tone to another that skips over the tones in between.
- Two or more different songs that can be sung at the same time.
- partner songs
You must Login or Register to add cards