Glossary of Vocabulary Level F Unit 10
Other Decks By This User
- (v.) to grow or accumulate over time; to happen as a natural result.
- (n.) A critical or explanatory note or comment, especially for a literary work.
- (n.) A state or scene of uproar and confusion
- (adj.) hidden, disguised, purposefully kept secret; sheltered, secluded; (n.) a sheltered place, a hiding place
- (adj.) pleasant, courteous, lighthearted; smooth and polished in manner and appearance
- (v.) to demand insistently, especially in payment of a debt; (n.)a creditor; (adj.) dark, dull, drab, dingy.
- (adj.) effective, producing results.
- (n.) calmness, composure, refusal to panic
- (adj.) accidental, occuring by a happy chance
- (n.) The essential part, main point or essence
- (adj.) freely given, not called for by circumstances, unwarranted
- (adj.) overbearing, arrogant, seeking to dominate; pressing, compelling
- (n.) a strong denunciation or condemnation; abusive language; (adj.) abusive, vituperative
- (adj.) showing great variety; composed of different elements or man colors; (n.) a jester's costume, a jester
- (adj.) extremely generous, lavish
- (v.) to delay, put off until later
- (adj.)Tending to produce a strong feeling or response; arousing desire or appetite; irritating, annoying
- (adj.) exceeding ordinary knowledge and understanding
- (n.) a depraved, vicious, or unprincipled person, scoundrel; (adj.) wicked, corrupt, or unprincipled; (v.) to dissapprove of, condemn.
- (adj.) characterized by or calling for continued sitting; remaining in one place.
You must Login or Register to add cards