Glossary of Vocabulary, Wheelock's Latin, Ch. 029
Other Decks By This User
- fātum, fātī, n.
- fate; death
- ingenium, ingeniī, n.
- nature, innate talent
- moenia, moenium, n. pl.
- walls of a city
- nāta, nātae, f.
- ōsculum, ōsculī, n.
- sīdus, sīderis, n.
- constellation, star
- dignus, digna, dignum
- worthy, worthy of
- dūrus, dūra, dūrum
- hard, harsh, rough, stern, unfeeling, hardy, difficult
- tantus, tanta, tantum
- so large, so great, of such a size
- at last, finally, lastly
- so, thus
(adv. used with adjs., vbs., & advs.)
- indeed, certainly, at least, even
- so, thus
(adverb most commonly with verbs)
- so, to such a degree
(adverb with adjs. & advs.)
- as it were, as if, so to speak
- in truth, indeed, to be sure, however
- condō, condere, condidī, conditum
- to put together, to put into, store; found, establish
- contendō, contendere, contendī, contentum
- to strive, struggle, contend; hasten
- molliō, mollīre, mollīvī, mollītum
- to soften; make calm, make less hostile
- pugnō, pugnāre, pugnāvī, pugnātum
- to fight
- respondeō, respondēre, respondī, respōnsum
- to answer
- surgō, surgere, surrēxī, surrēctum
- to get up, arise
You must Login or Register to add cards