Glossary of Vocabulary, Wheelock's Latin, Ch. 024
Other Decks By This User
- Carthāgō, Carthāginis, f.
- fābula, fābulae, f.
- story, tale; play
- imperātor, imperātōris, m.
- general, commander-in-chief, emperor
- imperium, imperiī, n.
- power to command, supreme power, authority, command, control
- perfugium, perfugiī, n.
- refuge, shelter
- servus, servī, m.
serva, servae, f.
- sōlācium, sōlāciī, n.
- comfort, relief
- vulnus, vulneris, n.
- re- or red-
- again, back
- as, just as, when
(conj. + indic.)
- accipiō, accipere, accēpī, acceptum
- to take (to one's self), receive, accept
- excipiō, excipere, excēpī, exceptum
- to take out, except; take, receive, capture
- recipiō, recipere, recēpī, receptum
- to take back, regain; admit, receive
- pellō, pellere pepulī, pulsum
- to strike, push; drive out, banish
- expellō, expellere, expulī, expulsum
- to drive out, expel, banish
- nārrō, nārrāre, nārrāvī, nārrātum
- to tell, report, narrate
- quaerō, quaerere, quaesīvī, quaesītum
- to seek, look for, strive for, ask, inquire, inquire into
- rīdeō, rīdēre, rīsī, rīsum
- to laugh, laugh at
You must Login or Register to add cards