Glossary of Vistazos culturales
Other Decks By This User
- When do the spanish eat snacks?
- Los espanoles tienen la costumbre de merendar a las 5 o 6 de la tarde.
- name of snacks:
- las tapas
- typical snacks of spanish:
- las gambas, los champinones al ajillo (mushrooms in garlic), el jamon serrano, and tortillas.
- The custom of snacking on las tapas
- La costumbre de merendar en las tapas.
- The origen of las tapas:
- Alfonso X in the Middle Ages, in Spain.
- Some Las Tapas:
- las tortillas
- when do they eat las tapas
- around 5 or 6
- The type of food in Puerto Rico is called:
- CRIOLLA (creole)
because it has Caribena, Europena, indigena, and africana influences.
- tradicional plate in SPAIN:
- La Paella
- What is la paella?
- a traditional spanish plate from Valencia.
a mix of arroz, azafran, and arvejas. Also has mariscoes or carnes.
- Characteristic food/ingredients in Mexican cooking:
- el CHILE. ingredients include el aguacate (avacado) jitomate and maiz.
- traditional plate in mexico:
- chiles rellenos
- Some less tradicional foods special in MEXICO:
- -chapulines fritos - fried grasshoppers, in Oaxaca.
-armadillo, in Chiapas.
-iguana, in Guerrero.
-beetle salsa - jumiles, in Taxco.
- less tradicional food in Peru:
- guinea pigs - they eat their pets
- guinea pig
- less tradicional thing they eat in colombia:
- hormigas culonas
in the province of Santander
fat bottomed ants
- the main foods in the mediterranean diet;
- legumes, vegetables, fruits, olive oil, margarine, pastas, rice, fish, shellfish, pepper, etc.
- what places eat the mediterranean diet?
- espana, italia, grecia, francia, and portugal.
- How has the spanish language influenced English?
- added 10000 wors.
- what rancher words did we get from spanish ranchers?
- Hoosegow, lasso, renegade, rodeo, and vamoose.
- 4 indigenous countries that gave us words but passed by way of Spanish:
- where did we get
tomate, coyote, and chocolate?
- where did we get jaguar?
- where did we get puma and potato?
- where did we get hurricane tobacco and hammock?
- where did the character of don juan originate?
first play that had him in it:
- spain, in seville.
- Ruben Dario is from..
- jose marti is from
- juan ramon juiminez is known for..
- got the nobel prize for literature in 1956; influenced by ruben dario.
- where is juan ramon juiminez from?
- jose marti wrote:
- cultivo una rosa blanca.
You must Login or Register to add cards