Glossary of U.S. Navy Regulations Chapter 2
Other Decks By This User
- What is the primary consideration for grooming standards?
- To have a neatly groomed appearance while wearing naval uniforms.
- When Navy personnel are assigned to Marine Corps, may they elect to wear Marine Corps service uniforms?
- Yes, but they must abide by grooming standards established for Marines.
- What Navy uniform(s) may a wireless communication device be worn? In what manner may it be worn?
- Working and service uniforms. May be worn on belt, either side of body and aft of the elbow.
- In what uniform and in what manner may civilian bags (e.g., computer bags, gym bags, backpacks, garment bags, etc.) be worn?
- Working and service uniforms. Computer bags/backpacks may be worn across the left shoulder with bag hanging on same side of body. Backpacks may also be worn on both shoulders when wearing the working uniform. All bags must conceal its contents and be solid black or navy blue in color.
- May sunglass be worn in military formations?
- Are tinted contacts authorized in uniform?
- Yes, but they must be a natural color.
- What type of military creases are NOT authorized?
- Sewn-in creases.
- True or False. Men's hair shall be no longer than 5 inches and may touch the ears, collar, and extend below eyebrows when headgear is removed.
- False. Men's hair shall be no longer than 4 inches and may not touch the ears, collar, extend below eyebrows when headgear is removed.
- What is the requirements for Men's sideburns?
- Sideburns shall not extend below a point level with the middle of the ear, will not be flared, and shall end with a clean shaven horizontal line.
- How many and what color of barettes/combs/clips are authorized for wear in women's hair?
- A maximum of two small barettes/combs/clips, similar to hair color may used in the hair. Additional bobby pins or rubber bands may be used to hold hair in place.
- May men and women military members wear wigs or hair pieces in uniform?
- Yes, but men may only wear them for cosmetic reasons to cover natural baldness or physical disfigurement. All hairpieces must conform to the grooming standards and present a natural appearance.
- What are the requirements for fingernails?
- Men: Fingernails shall not extend past fingertips and will be kept clean.
Women: Fingernails shall not exceed 1/4 inch measured from the fingertip and shall be kept clean. All nail polish must compliment the skin tone.
- How many rings are authorized for wear in uniform?
- Only one ring per hand, plus a wedding/engagement ring set. Rings are not authorized for wear on thumbs.
- True or False. All female military personnel may wear gold earrings while in uniform.
- False. Women may wear 4mm -6mm ball (approx. 1/8 - 1/4 inch), plain with shiny or brushed matte finish. Gold for officers/CPOs, and silver for enlisted personnel. Small single pearl earrings are authorized for wear with Dinner and Formal Dress uniforms.
- True or False. Body art/ tattoos are NOT authorized on the head, face, neck or scalp.
You must Login or Register to add cards