Glossary of Tissues, Body fluids, Bones
Other Decks By This User
- What organisms are pathogens in tissues?
- Almost anything
- What is normal flora in tissues?
- Stuff that is normal near the tissue i.e., from tonsils, etc.
- What is normal flora in bodily fluids?
- What 4 types of body fluids are commonly worked up?
- 1. Synovial
- What are synovial fluid infections usually caused by?
- Dissemination of infection by
- What are 5 pathogens often isolated from pleural fluid?
- 1. Streptococci
2. Staph aureus
3. H. influenzae
- What is commonly pathogenic in pericardial fluid?
- What are commonly pathogens in peritoneal fluid?
- Anaerobes and enterobacteriaciae
- What is normal flora in bone?
- What is bone infection called?
What normally causes it?
Disseminated infection of Staph aureus, Enterobacteriaceae.
- In the lab, how do you process:
- Tissue - grind
Fluid - already sterile.
Bone - grind if possible.
You must Login or Register to add cards