Glossary of Thrift Savings plan
Other Decks By This User
- What is the Thrift savings plan?
- Retirement savings and investment plan for Fedrral employees
- How many TSP investment funds are there?
- G Fund?
- Government Securities investment
- F Fund?
- Fixed Income Index Investment
- C Fund?
- Common Stock Index Investment
- S Fund?
- Small Capitaliztion Stock Index Investment
- I Fund?
- International Stock Index Investment
- Factors that will affect your TSP investment
- 1.Investment objective
2.Time horizon (3)Comfort with or aversion to risk. (4)Level of desire for diversification (5)Potential returns of your investment (6)Effects of inflation and taxes
- What is the purpose of investment objective?
- Purpose of savings should influence on how you should invest your money.
- What factors should you consider in your investmemt objective?
- 1. Extent (long or short term) to which you will rely on your TSP, time horizon maybe 20 years or more) and expectent financial needs.
- What is your Time Horizon?
- Number of years you have until you will need to withdraw your TSP account
- What is Risk Tolerance?
- BAsically, the comfort level at which you invest your money. The greater the potential of large returns, the higher the risk of large losses. Less risky investment, smaller returns.
- The G Fund is invested in what type?
- Short-term non-marketable US Treasury securities guarenteed by the full faith and credit of the US government.
- The I fund is invested in what type of index fund?
You must Login or Register to add cards