Glossary of The Mitten
Other Decks By This User
- What do you think Baba was thinking about the mittens when Nicki came home?
- * Why is this mitten larger than the other?
* What was Nicki doing outside to cause his mitten to be stretched out?
- What are mittens?
- A covering for your hands when it is very cold or snowy. They are not like gloves because there is not a section of material for each finger.
- In what order did the animals appear in the story?
- 1. mole 2. rabbit
3. hedgehog 4. owl
5. badger 6. fox
7. great bear 8. meadow mouse
- What is a hedgehog?
- An animal with quills almost like a porcupine.
- Why doesn't Nicki's grandmother want to make snow white mittens for him?
- She doesn't want to make snow white mittens because if one drops on the snow, Nicki will not be able to find the mitten.
- What does it mean to say Jan Brett 'adapted' the story?
- Someone told Jan Brett the story or legend which had been passed down through the years. Now, she was telling the story in her words.
- What animals use the mitten?
- A mole, a snow-shoe rabbit, a hedgehog, an owl, a badger, a fox, a bear, and a meadow mouse use the mitten.
- What do you think hedgehog was looking for under the wet leaves?
- Bugs, worms, other types of life which would become his food.
- Where is the Ukrain?
- The Ukrain is on the European Continent between western Europe and Russia.
- What are talons?
- Talons are sharp claws on a birds' feet. They are used for holding onto objects in order to keep from falling off and for catching their prey.
- What happened when the great bear sneezed?
- The mitten flew up into the air and the animals were scattered all over the snow.
You must Login or Register to add cards