Glossary of The Human Body
Other Decks By This User
- The cicrulatory system does which of the following:
a) uses a hollow muscle to pump blood through the body
b)breaks down food
c)brings air into the body
d)removes waste from the body
- a) uses a hollow muscle to pump blood through the body
- Cells that are similar and grouped together are called
c) body systems
- b) Groups of cells that are similar form TISSUES.
- Name three body systems.
- Respiratory Excretory
- The respiratory system has two main jobs. What are they?
- 1) It provides the body with oxygen.
2) It rids the body of harmful carbon dioxide.
- An organ is made of a group of _________ that work together to do a certain job.
- What system do the folowing organs belong:
stomach, esophagus, small intestine, large intestine
- The digestive system
- Which system regulates and coordinates all of the other systems in the body?
- The Nervous System
- True or False: The mandible is a bone in the foot.
- FALSE: The mandible is another name for the lower jaw bone in the head.
- What is the smallest living part of a person's body?
- The cell
- What is a joint?
- The place where bones come together.
- What system does the heart belong to?
- The Circulatory System
- In what organ of the digestive system are nutrients absorbed?
- The small intestine
- How many bones make up the adult skeleton?
- What is the difference between the trachea and the esophagus?
- The trachea carries air towards the lungs and belongs to the respiratory system.
The esophagus carries food from the mouth to the stomach for the digestive system.
- After food is swallowed what tube does it travel down?
- The esophagus
- A system is a group of _________ that work together.
- Which system removes waste from the body?
- The Excretory System
- What is another name for the kneecap?
- The patella
You must Login or Register to add cards