Glossary of The Heart and Heart Disease Chapter 14
Other Decks By This User
- Abnormal rhythm of the heart beat. Dysrhythmia
- Hardening of the arteries due to the deposit of yellowish, fatlike material in the lining of these vessels
- One of the two upper chambers of the heart.
- Heart rate of less than 60 beats per minute.
- Referring o the heart or to the arteries supplying blood to the heart.
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Thrombus formation results in a life-threatening condition. Sudden occlusion of coronary vessel with complete obstruction of blood flow is called a heart attack.
- Relaxation phase of the cardiac cycle/ diastolic.
- Instrument to study the heart by means of ultrasound. The record produced is an echocardiogram.
- Instrument to study the electrical activity of the heart; record made is an electrocardiogram.
- Membrane that lines the heart chambers and covers the valves.
- Membrane that forms the outermost layer of the heart wall and is continuous with the lining of the fibrous pericardium; visceral pericardium
- Very rapid, uncoordinated beating of the heart.
- Area of tissue damaged from lack of blood supply caused by a vessel blockage
- Lack of blood supply to an area
- Abnormal heart sound
- Middle layer of the heart wall; heart muscle
- Sinoatrial node of the heart; group of cells or artificial device that sets the rate of heart contractions
- Fibrous sac lines with serous membrane that encloses the heart
- A patch or flat area; fatty material that deposits in vessel linings in atherosclerosis
- Dividing Wall, as between the chambers of the heart or the nasal cavities
- Narrowing of a duct or canal
- Contraction phase of the cardiaccycle/ systolic
- Heart rate more than 100 beats per minute
- Structure that prevents fluid from flowing backward as in the heart, veins and lymphatic vessels
- Cavity or chamber one of the two lower chambers of the heart
You must Login or Register to add cards