Glossary of The Giver Ch. 1-7
Other Decks By This User
- What had frightened Jonas over a year ago?
- A plane flew low over the community.
- What punishment did someone in the community recieve for a major wrongdoing?
- They were released.
- What did the family do after the evening meal?
- They shared their feelings.
- What problem did Lily tell about?
- Other people not responding to the rules of ther child care center.
- What concern did Father have?
- He was afraid one the children in the nuturing center wouldn't make it.
- What is a family in Jonas's community?
- A mother, father, a boy and girl.
- Waht rule had Father broken?
- He had looked up Gabe's name.
- Who was the Reciever?
- He held all the community's memory and was the wisest elder.
- What happened at age 12?
- The elders revealed the job they had chosen and no more birthdays were celebrated.
- What were comfort objects?
- Stuffed animals.
- What was unusual about he number of children of any one age in Jonas's community?
- There was always 50 unless one got released and they all had the same birthday.
- What phsyical feature did Jonas and Gabe have in common?
- They had light eyes.
- What rule did Jonas break?
- He took an apple home.
- What did children between the ages of 8 and 12 do?
- They volunteer. Asher, Fiona, and Jonas worked the house of old.
- _________ had an exiciting life.
- In the morning families dicussed
- their dreams
- Stirrings was treated by a pill.
True or False?
- What happened at the Ceremony of the Seven?
- They got front buttoned jackets.
- What happened to the 1st Caleb?
- As a four he fell into a stream.
When he was replaced his name was chanted, growing louder.
- __________ got their bicycles.
- A couple could apply for children ________.
- after their marriage was approved.
- Asher was the __________.
- assistant director of recreation
- Jonas was skipped for getting a job. True or False
- syn. attract or enchant
ant. dimiss or boring
- devottion or dedication
- ability or flair
inept or untalented
- attract or together
repel or apart
- tranquil or calm
chaos or mess
- perceptible percieveable
- whip or flog
- feed or sustain
starve or neglect
- break or transgress
follow or keep
- guilty or self reproach
forgiven or free
You must Login or Register to add cards