Glossary of Technical Writing
Other Decks By This User
- Abtract nouns often end with ____ or ____ and are often followed by the preposition ___.
- "-tion" or "-ment" and are often followed by the prepostion "of."
- ________-voice sentences emphasize the person (or thing) performing the action --- that is, somebody (or something) does something.
- The way you choose to express an idea, as opposed to the content of the idea itself.
- Writers adopt particular _______ for different contexts.
- What are the five main stylistic goals?
- 1. Writing clear sentences.
2. Being concise.
3. Being accurate in wording.
4. Using the active voice.
5. Using nonsexist language.
- What is one particulary important aspect of style?
- Through ______ you express an attitude in your writing.
- A _____ lacks a subject or verb or both and it thus must always relate to or modify another part of the sentence.
- Concise writing depends more on verbs than it does on _______.
- _______-voice sentences emphasize the recipient of the action itself --- that is, something is being done to something by somebody.
You must Login or Register to add cards