Glossary of Substance Abuse
Other Decks By This User
- What groups can fall under substance abuse?
- recreational drugs
- What are the recreational drugs in substnace abuse?
- What other activities can be fall under substance abuse?
- Name the 4 process-steps to substance addiction.
- What happens in the process of 'use'?
- This is the one use of the substance. Need to be cautious as the first try may be the addictive try.
- What happens in the process of 'abuse'?
- The excessive use of the substance which results in an adverse reaction, and patterns start to develop
- What 2 things happen in the 'abuse' stage
- 1- patterns develop: develop tolerance, then more is needed...
2- will continue on pattern until change in ADLs start to occur
- What are the 3 definition of 'dependence'?
- 1-efforts to diminish or stop has not been successful
2-significant problems start to pile up; relationships start to suffer
3-tolerance continue to develop; now the MAIN effort is obtaining the substance
- What happens in the process of 'addiction'?
- When efforts are made to stop using the substance, withdrawals take place
- What are the signs of withdrawals?
You must Login or Register to add cards