Glossary of South America 2
Other Decks By This User
- What is the average temperature in the rain forest?
- The average temperature is 77 degrees.
- Give three reasons why the rainforest is important to the world.
- It is the home to many animals. The plants produce oxygen, water, medicines and foods.
- Name a mountain range in South America.
- The Andies are in South America.
- Name the four layers in the rain forest.
- The four layers are forest floor, understory, canopy, and emergent.
- Name the longest river in South America.
- The longest river in the Amazon.
- Name two animals that live on the forest floor.
- Frog, insects, tamadua,
- Name two animals that live in the emergent layer?
- Snakes, panthers,
- Is the understory dark and cool or bright and sunny?
- The understory is dark and cool.
- Name two animals that live in the canopy?
- Many monkeys, birds, and flying squirrels live in the canopy.
- Name two animsls that live in the emergent layer?
- Butterflies and birds live in the emergent layer.
- Is the emergent layer bright and sunny or dark and damp?
- The emergent layer is bright and sunny.
- The largest area of rainforest in the world is found in what continent?
- South American has the largest rainforest.
- What continents do not have rainforest?
- Antarctica and Europe do not have rainforest.
- What is the imaginary line that goes through the rain forest of the world?
- The equator runs through the rain forest of the world.
- What country has the largest rainforest in the world?
- Brazil is the country that has the largest rainforest in the world.
- The very tallest trees in a rainforest are called understories or emergents?
- The very tallest trees in a rainforest are called emergents.
- What language is spoken in Brazil?
- Potugese is spoken in Brazil.
You must Login or Register to add cards